Monday, October 31, 2011

Matrimonial – Groom Wanted



PQSM4 26 year old girl. Wheatish complexion, nurse in semi govt hosp, looking 4 match in para med services. Caste no bar. 
My house help Ramwati has been after me to place in an advertisement on the computer (read internet) for her daughter - a very bright young girl who fought her way to study nursing after I encouraged her to do a primary course at DCWA (Delhi Commonwealth Women’s Association). Later she went on to do a full-fledged diploma in nursing at SOS village nursing school. Ramwati has been encouraging her daughter to find a match for herself, now that she is almost half a doctor to find a good Doctor for herself, in her work place. I am pleasantly surprised at the aspiration level of this mother who has a BPL (below poverty line) card and struggles to save every penny for her 2 daughters’ weddings. I have posted her profile in a few matrimonial websites and hope to get a response, which I can pass on, to her for further enquiry.

I do not know how successful these posts work for a person. When I made a few random searches I became very vary to the point of curiosity to explore more into this virtual world of finding a perfect match for her. Below are some very funny posts I encountered during my explorations for a good match for her.


My wife should be as 'Shivani' as in Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki and as Tanwerr as in KSBKBT 
I want very simple girl from Brahmin educated family from orissa state she is also know about RAMAYAN, GEETA BHAGABATA, and other homework 
27 yrs, 5ft 9in - 175cm, Hindu
Education : Management MBA/BBA/
Occupation : Business Person
I AM VERY JOVIAL TO BEHAVE AND ADMIRE EVERY ONE…
i am normal person .i need noemal partner...
 
Curiosity pushed me to read the Sunday matrimonials which had weird abbreviations like:
PQSM 4 a gori girl.
I’less incnt div.
H’some MGLK boy SM 4 a slim grl
SNDYBR SM  NM Veg 27/4Lpa MBA
NM PB Sr Br SM wrkng in NCR. Caste no bar
SM4 4 RGH Sikh grl
V H’some Divcee – teetotaler, issueless well settled Doc. 35y
I am trying to figure what they mean, some look more complicated than a Morse code and I would like to seek some insight into these nagging abbreviations and hope to sleep better. To give you a clue I did figure out what PQSM 4 meant: Professionally Qualified Seeking Match for…. !!! and I’less incnt div means: Issueless innocent divorcee ( whatever that means! Don’t ask me!!)
Believe me it is a treasure trove to dig in and have a KBC moment trying to figure out all this. The reason for these cryptic abbreviations may be due to how expensive these ads have become. For a novice it would be a good business idea to come up with a dictionary of all these short sms type phrases and words to make things easier. What do you say?

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely hilarious !! love your blog !! am looking fwd to spending a lot of time with your stories :) all the best with the blog and welcome to the blogosphere!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks MJ. Thanks for becoming my first follower. I look forward to sharing more experiences here.

    ReplyDelete